Thursday, June 4, 2009

Not Me Wednesday?!?!

In a post entitled "Not Me Monday", many bloggers share brutally honest stories about their lives that they might not otherwise share. After yesterday, I figured it was now my turn! I'm not so sure how I feel about sharing this most embarassing moment, but oh well...here goes!!

I most certainly did not go shopping with my daughter, who decided to become very cranky while I was extremely involved in shopping the semi annual sale at Bath & Body Works. I decided to take her out of her stroller and simply carry her, but to my dismay...she kinda smelled! Yes, I said it, she smelled. She had what one may call an explosive poopy diaper. Which, by the way, I was not aware of at the time. The lovely lady at Bath & Body Works pointed me in the right direction for the bathrooms. She was even nice enough to open the bathroom door for me. I began digging through Emerson's diaper bag and to my astonishment...NO DIAPER! I most certainly would not go anywhere with a four month old and not bring diapers!! That does it, I said to myself. Time to leave. I knew I had diapers in the car. Emerson was not happy about her "situation" and I knew she would need to be changed asap. I most certainly did not make her wait, however, until I could make my purchase. I would never do that! We made it back to the car and I pulled out the diaper and wipes. I began removing her shorts and was completely shocked to see (and feel) that they were soaked! She not only filled her diaper, but she also soaked her onesie and the shorts she had on! I am definately not a Mom that would leave the house without bringing a change of clothes for my child...just in case. (Something told me to check the diaper bag before we left the house!) I would never make my child ride home without any clothes on at all, screaming the whole way. Not only was she upset about her previous situation, but she now realized that she was starving!

Fabulous morning...wouldn't you say?!?! I believe Mommy learned her lesson. She will NEVER leave the house so unprepared! That's all for my Not Me Monday....or should we say...Not Me Wednesday?!?

Many "Not Me Monday" posts can be found here. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment