Monday, March 1, 2010

"Scooter" for now...

It's been a while since I've posted anything...so here goes!

Things have been good for us, with the exception of Emerson needing to be seen at the doctor's office 3 times in a 2wk period. She recently had her 12 month checkup...which I must say, was not fun for anyone! She had blood drawn and was given four shots. She also looked as if she was getting an ear infection. The doctor started her on amoxicillin. I'll just start by saying...every parent should be warned of the side effects of that drug. The diaper rash that came along with it was awful. We were told that we would need to change her diet while she was on the amoxicillin to help with the acidity of the urine. We were told to stop giving her fruits and veggies; with the exception of bananas, apple sauce, and cooked carrots. You can only imagine how hard that was for us...what on earth would she eat?!? Emerson then began to develop a rash on her arms and then it moved to her legs. They wrote this off to a rash often seen with amoxicillin. We were told that the infection was gone and we could stop giving her the antibiotic. FABULOUS! Two days later Emerson broke out with another rash, covering her entire body. This time she began scratching at her legs. What on earth?!? Back to the doctor so they could tell us that it was probably viral and would run it's course. My poor child...she's so over the pediatrician!

I am currently 19wks pregnant. Seems to be flying by now. I am finally feeling much better. We recently had our 18wk ultrasound and everything looked great. We were also shocked to learn that we would be having a baby BOY! With the help of my brother Zach, we have decided to call him "Scooter"...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment