Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Calling All Moms...

Okay, so the last two weeks in the Swope house have been CRAZY!

Emerson has us STUMPED!

All of a sudden she started waking up in the middle of the night...SCREAMING. We waited to see if she would calm herself down, which, did not seem to happen. This went on for several nights in a row...she'd skip a night...and then do it again. It is obvious that she is getting more teeth, just by looking at her gums, so we just attributed the wakeful nights to teething. She is also dealing with allergies, but we think her waking has more to do with her teeth.

Our next battle has become naps. She is still a two a day napper. She goes down at 10 and 3, has gone down easily, and sleeps for two hours. Lately, she has fought us on BOTH naps. She screams for an extended amount of time, sometimes eventually falling a sleep...sometimes she screams until we get her back up. Yes...sometimes we get her back up. Most would say not to do this, me being that someone, but it is obvious she needs SOMETHING. Figuring out the SOMETHING is the tricky part!

So....we are in need of HELP...before Mommy goes CRAZY!! Casey and I can't figure out if all of this has stemmed from her teething or the possibility that Emerson is trying to give up one of her two naps. I've also thought that maybe she is going through a growth spurt...she seems HUNGRY all the time.

Any ideas?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I hate to not give you any advice after your plea but I don't really have any! My boys gave up their naps closer to 2 but that was more b/c I needed them to keep that am nap as long as possible to be able to sleep after working! Maybe try dropping the am one and moving up her pm one and see how she does. Good luck and I'm sorry you're having a rough time right now!

    ReplyDelete