She went from having it all the time, to just naps and bedtime. We recently made a trip to the dentist and were told that they recommend you get rid of the pacifier at age two. Emerson's top teeth have also started to shift so we felt it was probably time. We decided to take Eme to Build-a-Bear, where she could build her own stuffed animal that would take the place of her bobo during naps and bedtime. We talked about the trip and the "Bobo Fairy" for a few days and talked about the fact that she would no longer be using her bobo. I don't think she really had a clue! We went to Build-a-Bear and Emerson decided she wanted a monkey. We brought her bobos with us. One was placed inside the monkey and the rest were used to "pay" for the monkey. Bedtime would be the true test. I put her to bed and explained again that she now had her monkey to sleep with instead of her bobo. She cried for 45 minutes. The longest 45 minutes ever. I think I was just as upset. Her bobo was her comfort. She did better than we expected though. It only took a few days and she has done really well.
Oh, and the best part....her monkey was lovingly named...BOBO!




The "Bobo Fairy" dropped off a special delivery for Emerson a few days later! She was so excited and you could see that she was very proud of herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment