Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Reality

So, I've always said that I use my blog as somewhat of a baby book for my children. I want to be able to look back on their childhood and remember the moments we shared together. That being said, I feel I must not only acknowledge the good times, but the bad as well. Yes, believe it or not, we do have a few bad days! TODAY IS ONE OF THOSE DAYS!
As I sit here and type, my nine month old is sleeping and my two year old is in her room screaming...for the second time this morning. It is amazing how her moods can change. I can pretty much tell when she wakes up in the morning what kind of day we are going to have. This morning was no different. She has tested my patience ALL morning long. She hasn't really listened to much of anything I've said to her today. She has said "NO" to just about everything. She has also been SUPER whiny. Why?!?!? I have no idea. Lack of sleep is what I'm guessing. Hence, she is in her bed. I hope she takes a fabulous nap and wakes in a MUCH better mood!
Now, don't think that my nine month old is an angel all the time either. He also woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. He has been attached to my hip all morning. I want to believe that he is just teething and this too shall pass. Cross your fingers. I think we will have our hands full with him...mark my words. He doesn't even acknowledge you when you say "NO". He climbs on everything he can and gets mad when you try to stop him. Boy...today has been one heck of a day.
I'm not writing to complain. I am simply writing to remember. Everyone likes to make comments like, "just wait until they're teenagers...it gets worse". That's fine. I will deal when I am dealt those cards. For now, these are my challenges. I love my children dearly...BUT between the three of us...we can have our fair share of bad days. It's reality, right?

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Mother's Day! I hope it was GREAT as you deserve it!! Love, Kay

    ReplyDelete