Sunday, May 20, 2012

What's happening...

I haven't posted in a while. The truth is, I've been pretty bad at taking pictures lately. I hate to post when I don't have updated pictures! Anyway, the weather is warming up here in North Carolina. We're pretty excited about it. We spend most of our days outside. The kids would live outside if I let them. They are pretty good at entertaining themselves with bike riding or playing on the playground. They are constantly asking for popsicles...Gavin will ask as soon as we step foot outside. Baths are a must. They are crazy dirty by the end of the day. We play catch (Emerson and Gavin just got new gloves) or plant flowers too. Emerson's last day of preschool, before summer break, is this Thursday. I'm not sure exactly what we will do to occupy our time, but I'm sure we will stay busy. Gavin will start preschool, along with Eme, in August. They will both go Tuesday/Thursday mornings. What will Mommy do?!?! Crazy to think that Gavin is old enough to be starting preschool. I'm told often that he looks older than 22 months. Wow, 22 months. My baby boy will be 2 in July!!! He is growing and changing so much. His language has exploded. I'm pretty sure I know where he gets it. Eme doesn't stop talking. Reminds me of their father! Gavin has recently showed an interest in the potty. Casey and I were both suprised to hear him ask to potty one day. We put him on and he went. Easy as that. He has gone several other times since, but we know it's possible for that to change. He asked to go 3 times at my mom's house and went every time. He also asked to go while we were out to eat. Crazy! I'm not sure I'm ready for another round of potty training. I'm still not completely done with the first! As for Casey and I, we are staying busy with the kids and work. Casey is liking his new job. He misses his old "office" but is doing really well at RedHat. "Office" meaning our house, his boat, or tree stand. :) My job continues to be tough work. Being a mom ain't easy!! Time to yourself is rare, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. That's all for now. Enjoy your week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment