Thursday, February 13, 2020

She's 11!

It happened right before our eyes! She turned 11 and I have no idea where the last 11 years have gone. Emerson is growing into a beautiful young lady and I couldn't be more proud. She is kind, creative, funny and full of music. This child does not stop singing. Ever. She is currently growing like a weed, fitting into a size 7.5 pair of cleats. Her love language is giving. She would give you the shirt off of her back if she knew it would make you happy. She sits with the kid at lunch that is sitting by themselves. She encourages her friends to do the same. She loves soccer, but loves hair and makeup just as much. She eats all things hot and has a sweet tooth like her parents.  I often say she is more mature than her age. She is independent and her creativity amazes us on a daily basis. It will take her far one day. Currently, it just creates mess after mess. :) That's ok though. I just keep telling myself it will make her successful. We have our days when I don't think we're going to both make it, but I know that this is just a season. We will do our best and become stronger because of it.
We love you Emerson Olivia. We are proud of who you are and who you are becoming.

Eme had a sleepover for her birthday. We had a total of 6 girls, including her...and her brother. Eme requested "walking tacos" for dinner and cookie cake/ice cream for dessert. The girls did challenges throughout the evening that included the blindfolded makeup challenge, the warhead challenge and some crazy tooth brush challenge. Lights were out at 10pm, but I was told some didn't fall asleep until 2am. Yikes. Needless to say, the next day was very low key and bedtime came early.




The birthday girl woke up to a room full of balloons! We brought her chick-fil-a for lunch and a birthday cupcake. That evening, we had a family dinner at Kanki. She got to eat her favorite, sushi.



Eme opened her birthday gifts before dinner. She got a dreamcatcher swing, new slides and a polaroid camera. She also received money and a doll head to practice hairstyles on from the rest of the family. Oh, and Gavin was so sweet. He bought her something from the Croc Shop at school and even wrapped it at recess. I absolutely love their relationship and I'm so glad they have each other.


Happy 11th sweet girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment