Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Got Milk?
As you may already know, we have been dealing with some "unknowns" when it comes to Emerson. After much research, Casey and I decided that Emerson may have a milk intolerance. I decided to cut dairy from my diet to see if it made a difference in Emerson's symptoms. After a few weeks of no dairy, which by the way is extremely hard to do, we weren't so sure it was helping. I decided to begin eating dairy again. One night while I was at work, we decided to give Emerson a bottle of formula before bed. When I came home in the morning, Casey brought Emerson to me to check out her belly. She seemed to have a red rash on her entire abdomen. I decided to watch her for a few hours before calling the doctor. A few hours later, she had a red rash from head to toe. After taking her in to be checked out, the conclusion had been made....MILK ALLERGY! Yup, you heard it. It seems that Emerson had a reaction to the high concentration of milk protein in the formula. So now we know. No more dairy for Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment