Well...I guess I wasn't crazy...and boy was I glad that I followed my instincts. Over in labor and delivery, they hooked me up to the monitor and discovered that I was indeed contracting. After being checked by the doctor, they decided to start an iv, give me fluids, and give me a shot of terbutaline(medication used to stop premature labor). Wow, was I shocked. They also wanted to do a FFN, which is used to determine the risk of going into labor within a two week period. I think a million and one thoughts ran through my head all at once! They said they were going to keep me for a few hours and recheck me, to make sure there were no cervical changes. Casey was able to come to the hospital to sit with me and his parents were able to watch Eme...THANK YOU! After a few hours, the doctor rechecked me and said there were no changes. The FFN came back negative, which is a good sign. I was okay to be sent home. I had a scheduled appt with my doctor the next morning, so she told me just to follow up with them.
After my scheduled OB appt, everything looked good. They just said they would follow me a little closer and scheduled me to be seen in one week. So, there you have it. I guess we have a "bump in the road" with every pregnancy. (I could do WITHOUT)
No comments:
Post a Comment