Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day Trip

One morning, this past week, we all woke up and were sitting downstairs watching the news. The woman on the news made a comment about being up early to take a day trip to the beach. Casey may have seemed like he wasn't paying attention, but he was, because two minutes later he was trying to talk me into driving to the beach for the day. All I could think about was how much I had to get done around the house and how "spur of the moment" I am NOT. The last time we were at the beach was when Emerson was just a baby. As much as I needed to get things done...I wanted to see my baby play in the sand and enjoy the ocean. We drove to Wrightsville Beach...which we will never do again! The amount of time it took to find a parking spot was crazy! After, what seemed like forever, we were finally on the beach! Emerson loved every second of it. The waves didn't seem to phase her...although they did Mommy! We had a great time and hope to be able to do it again soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment