Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Gavin!


To my sweet baby boy, on his 1st birthday....

It's no secret that things are much busier with two! This post comes just a few days late, but it was on my mind the entire time. One year. Wow. Time flies. I will never forget the morning that we found out we were pregnant, for the third time. I was scheduled to work and woke up with yet another migraine. I had a feeling that it was a result of being pregnant. I took a test, early that morning, and it was positive. Shock would be how I would describe my reaction to the test. I was scared. Could I ever love another baby like I loved Emerson? Could I share my love? Several months later, I learned the answer to the many questions I had been asking myself. I absolutely could love another baby as much as his sister! I could and did share my love, immediately.
I woke up the morning of your birthday, with what I thought might just be an upset stomach. Was I ever wrong. After sitting in the bath tub for a few minutes, I woke your daddy and told him I thought it was time. We called everyone we needed to and I began to get ready to leave. The contractions were getting faster and stronger and I knew we needed to get moving. We made it to the hospital, they checked me and then they admitted me. It's amazing how different labor was this time. Much faster and more painful. You were born at 11:17am. Daddy and I were full of joy. You were beautiful.
This past year has flown by. You have grown into an amazing little boy....still my baby boy. You are so sweet and love to cuddle. You have beautiful blue eyes and curly hair that melt my heart. You are walking and "talking" and are full of energy. I can't imagine my life without you.
When we began trying to get pregnant, for the first time, it didn't work out the way we had planned. I am thankful. I am thankful because we now have you and your sister to share our lives with. We can't imagine our lives without you.
Happy 1st Birthday baby boy! Mommy and Daddy love you more than you will ever know. May all of your dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment