Friday, January 27, 2012

A little of everything...

Where to begin. It's been a while since I last posted. Our house has been full of sickness lately. Someone gets a cold and passes it right down the line. We are all back to feeling better and have been enjoying the warmer weather. We kept ourselves busy inside on the colder days doing lots of projects. We were definately itching to get outside though.
Emerson will be 3 is just a few short weeks! Hard to believe. She definately keeps me on my toes. She has quite the personality and she can be pretty stubborn! Wonder where she gets that from?!? I feel like I have to repeat myself often and she visits timeout on many occassions. Sometimes I wonder if she can even hear me! She is a sweet girl, most of the time, and makes me laugh ALL the time. She loves to play dress up, act like a waitress taking our food orders, and seems to be a huge Tinkerbell fan. She is doing really well going to the potty on her own and we have even stopped putting her in a diaper at naptime. She is now waking up in the morning to go to the potty. She wakes up between 5:45 and 6:30 most mornings to potty and is up for the day. We are super proud of her and how much she has grown over such a short time.
And then there is Gavin...BOY OH BOY! He is ALL boy! Gavin seems to have no fear. He is often seen following in his big sister's footsteps, doing everything she does. Good or bad! He loves his cars, trains, and musical instruments. He is talking much more and if you ask him his name, he'll tell you. It's pretty funny to hear him try to pronounce Swope. He will sit forever and "read" a book and even though it makes his Daddy a bit uneasy, he is seen with a necklace or baby from time to time.
As for Mommy and Daddy, we are staying busy. Casey is really enjoying his new job and seems to be doing a great. I have been lucky enough to cut my hours at work to stay home more with the kids. I often say that they are my job, and when I go to work, it's vacation. Casey works hard to give me this opportunity and I am so thankful. He is sad to leave the kids in the morning and is super excited when he gets home from work. They greet him with big smiles and loud hellos. Makes his day! I have been busy with physical therapy. They have me going twice a week. I am working with a specialist that has really helped me believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am in pain daily and can't wait for the day when I will be pain-free. We have recently joined the YMCA, a nice surprise from Casey. The kids have a great time and look forward to going each day.

Eme painting

Gavin coloring with markers


Eme playing dress up

Slim pickin' when you have an older sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment