Saturday, March 10, 2012

Boog, Boogie, Booger...

Oh boy. Our days have certainly changed. Right now, as I type, my 3 year old is crying her eyes out in her room. It's bed time. Same routine. Same time. Lately, we are fighting...everything. The other night, she decided to fight bedtime until almost 11pm. Really, no kidding. She's sick. She's tired. You would think she would sleep in after a night like that. Nope, 6am. Her new norm.
Oh, and naptime, that's a fight too. It is completely obvious that she needs a nap. She fights it. Sometimes I give in and just let her play quietly by herself. She is 3 and some 3 year olds give up their naps. Some days she is perfect. Some days, she could have really used that nap that she was fighting. Everything is a disaster. The littlest things turn into a complete tantrum. She's tired.
Testing me and my limits are what she seems to do best right now. She works hard to break me down...not truly knowing that she's doing so. Boy, being a mama is a tough job. Some days I don't think I'm cut out for it. Am I doing a good job? I don't want to have the child that "runs the show", if you know what I mean. Timeout. Time in her room. A brother that copies everything she does. Long days. Will it get better? I sure hope so. Am I doing what I should? Is there something more I can do? I am constantly questioning.
I love that darn girl...with all my heart. She's worth every second of this emotional rollercoaster. I just wish I had the answers. Love you, I do. You are my Boogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment