Friday, March 23, 2012

Gymnastics

I blog because I want to remember. Like a baby book. This, however, is a memory I'm not sure I want to remember. I thought Emerson would love gymnastics. Goes to show what I know. Ok, so, that's not entirely true. She does love it. She just chooses to behave...uh..somewhat like a devil child when we are at gymnastics. Emerson is the type of child that is not easily frightened. She kinda goes with the flow. Tries new things. Well, on our first day of gymnastics, she was a completely different child. She broke out crying, kicking, and screaming. She didn't want anything to do with participating. Ok, so I thought maybe first day jitters. Well, the next class she did almost the exact same thing. This time participating towards the end. Progress. The next class, she did everything! I was so proud. The previous two weeks, I will admit, I was somewhat embarrassed. I felt like I had no control over my child's behavior. She showed her tail. Today was the last gymnastics class. I figured it would go like the last. Boy, was I wrong! She was out of control. She participated when she wanted and didn't listen to a thing I said. I had to take her out of class at one point. This has been an experience all right. I'm not exactly sure that we will be doing gymnastics again. I think Eme might be a soccer kinda girl. We shall see!

Parachute
Hopscotch
Forward Roll
Balance Beam

No comments:

Post a Comment