Sunday, May 19, 2013

When it rains, it pours.



 
These kids.  They had a rough week recently.  So did mama.  Well, daddy too for that matter.  Two weeks ago, a little boy woke up with a fever.  When Gavin gets a fever, we pretty much know he has an ear infection.  I made an appointment, and sure enough, he had a double ear infection.  I also had them listen to Emerson while we were there.  She woke up with a cough and wanted to be on the safe side.  Off we went to fill the prescription.  Gavin has had quite a few ear infections and we are begining to wonder if his hearing is being affected.  That's why his daddy has such a hard time hearing today.  They told us if he continues to get them and/or he requires multiple rounds of antibiotics, tubes will be in his future.  Eme checked out ok.  Just a cough.  To them maybe.  That night we ended up in the emergency room.  Casey stayed home with Gavin, while I took Eme in for the usual...croup.  This time, she started earlier than most other times.  The ER we went to was great.  Quick and painless.  She was given Decadron and we were home shortly after.  I was scheduled to work the weekend and began feeling a little run down.  When Sunday rolled around, I felt awful.  I ended up leaving work early.  Not something I wanted to do, but now looking back, I'm glad I left when I did.  I went straight to the urgent care.  I had a sore throat, but the pain I was feeling in my jaw and ear were so intense.  The woman at urgent care said it would be a 45 minute wait and I started sobbing...like, the ugly cry.  I called Casey to bring me something for pain.  I was desperate.  He wasn't able to make it because Emerson had just thrown up at my mom's house and then again in his car.  Awesome.  I was finally seen.  I had an inner/outer ear infection and more than likely a sinus infection.  I wasn't convinced that was were all the pain was coming from.  A shot of Tordol (in the butt) later and prescriptions in hand and I was out the door.  LONG story short, that pain was actually more a result of an infection in my tooth.  Holy cow.  So much pain.  It's a good thing we have an oral surgeon for a friend.  Tuesday I had a consult and Thursday I had surgery.  I am still recovering, but I am in far less pain.  Amazing.  Poor Casey.  I think he's recovering too.  The kids were great through it all.  Big shout out to Grandma for the ice cream, Pa for the doughnuts, Nana for the pizza, and PawPaw for She-Ra.  What ever happened this past week, happened.  Anything went.  We all survived.  The house...not so much.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment