Thursday, February 13, 2014

My beautiful 5 year old girl.

To my beautiful 5 year old girl,

I can remember it like it was yesterday.  The night you came into this world.  I remember the excitement of having my first born.  Also, the fear.  I pushed for what seemed like forever.  You were born close to midnight.  I remember really wanting a cheese burger.  ;)  I was starving!  You were having a little trouble breathing and had to go to the nursery for a short time.  Daddy went with you.  We were both in awe of your beauty.  I remember hardly sleeping a wink.  I just laid there and watched you.  I watched your every move.  I watched you sleep.  Would I be a good mom?  The anxiety of actually being responsible for someone other than myself.  I had no idea then what an amazing adventure it would be.

Today, I look back on that day and I thank God for being lucky enough to become your mother.  You have changed my life in so many wonderful ways.  You have made me see that what I once thought was important, is not really what life is all about.  Life has become so much more to me...and you were the start of that journey.  When you smile, I smile.  When you laugh, I laugh.  When you cry, I cry.  You are a tiny me, in so many ways.  A tiny bit of daddy, too.  You are an amazing, beautiful, smart, funny little girl.  You have so much personality.  You have so much heart. 

It's funny.  I watched you so closely 5 years ago.  I find myself still watching you now.  I watch you as you put your arm around your brother.  I watch you as you write your name.  I watch you as your daddy tickles you.  I watch you sleep.  I don't think I will ever get tired of watching you.  You, my dear, are my beautiful 5 year old girl.  I am so proud of the person you are becoming.  I am one lucky mama.  I thank my lucky stars for you.  You, sweet girl, are my sunshine.

I love you more than words.

No comments:

Post a Comment