Every year the Carolina Hurricanes kick starts their season with a family friendly carnival. This was the first year we heard about it and thought the kids would have a blast. We got their early, which was perfect, and stayed to watch some of the game. By game time, the kids were worn out and ready to get to bed. The evening was definitely entertaining...to say the least. The carnival had over 50 inflatables, free face painting, games, lots of food, and free entry into the hockey game. Emerson always jumps at the chance to get her face painted, but when it came time to decide, she couldn't pick just one thing. I think her actual words were, "a rainbow dog with a pot of gold". I have no idea where that came from. Couldn't just be a butterfly! ;) Gavin wanted a scuba diver. Did you think any different? The girl had never done one, but I think she did a pretty good job! They also had a rock wall that Emerson climbed. I was impressed! Gavin wasn't interested. I think the most excitement I got that night was almost getting my teeth knocked out by a hockey stick! Emerson was playing a game, to win a jersey, where she had to knock a ball into the net with a hockey stick. My mom and I were standing behind her and we thought we were far enough back. We were wrong. When she went to swing the stick, she came back a little further than she needed to. The stick hit me square in the mouth. My mom turned Eme around quick so she didn't see the blood. Casey was finishing up with Gavin when he saw me. He said it looked like my teeth went through my bottom lip. The first thing I did was make sure my teeth were in place and they were. Thank goodness. My lip, on the other hand, was a hot mess. Napkins, ice, and BEER got me through the rest of the night. The funny thing, Eme didn't even realize she hit me....and she scored two goals! That's' my girl.


No comments:
Post a Comment