Wednesday, October 1, 2014

"Scuba Dive-a"

Most little 4 year old boys, would be all about super heroes and cars.  Gavin likes his share of Batman and Spiderman, but would choose a diver over anything.  It all started with a trip to Michaels craft store.  It was just Gavin and I.  I was shopping and he stopped to look at all their animal figurines.  I think he could've played for hours.  He found a scuba diver and insisted he have it.  On the way home he had so many questions about scuba divers and I didn't have all the answers.  I found some scuba divers on YouTube and he sat watching, so interested.  From that day on, he has been obsessed.  He loves sea life.  He talks about divers constantly and will tell you that's what he wants to be when he grows up.  He carries his scuba diver with him just about everywhere.  After putting him to bed at night, we hear him "diving" off of his bed on to the floor.  He will tell anyone who will listen all about them.  We have checked out all the scuba diving books that they have at the library.  We even found our old snorkeling equipment in the garage that he plays with in the house, tub or pool, as you can see.  I love this age and the imagination that comes with it!
 
This picture makes me laugh.  It was bath time and I was on the phone.  When I turned around, Gavin was in the tub with his swim trunks on and full snorkeling equipment.  He cracks me up.


No comments:

Post a Comment