Thursday, June 25, 2015

Noah and Luke come for a visit!

A trip has been planned for my brother and his family to visit from Florida for a while.  The kids were counting down the days.  We were all super excited to see them since December was the last time we were all together.  Zach and Bridget drove from Florida, stayed here in Raleigh for a few days and then headed up to Virginia for the remainder of their trip.  Just prior to them visiting, a tragedy happened.  Bridget's younger brother, Matt, was killed in a car accident at the age of 21. Matt and Bridget were very close.  Zach was also very close to Matt.  They all lived together in Florida.  The same day Matt was killed in a car accident, Bridget was t-boned by another driver and walked away from the accident without a scratch.   My brother coming to visit was cherished more than he will know.  You see, when I found out about Matt, I selfishly thought about myself for a second.  What if I lost one of my brothers in a similar way?  I would be crushed.  I soaked in the time we had during their visit.  Bridget was dealing with more than most could imagine and still made the trip.  She needed to be surrounded by family and friends.
 
The kids, not knowing about Matt, kept everyone laughing and entertained.  Emerson couldn't get enough of Luke.  I mean, really, who could blame her?!  She wanted to hold him, feed him and even change his diaper.
 


Gavin would randomly want to hold Luke and tickle him to make him chuckle.  He was then off to play with Noah.  "Baby Noah" is no longer a baby.  We all had to correct ourselves a few times.

 
Nana and her boy Noah.

 
Watching my brother as a father has been amazing.  The love and hard work he puts in for his family is undeniable.  Those boys love their daddy, or "dad", as Noah would say.


Gavin and Noah picked up right where they left off.  It was like they never skipped a beat.  They would disappear, only to reappear as some gun slinging good guy, a few hours later.

 
Cherish the ones you love.  I know I sure do.

No comments:

Post a Comment