Saturday, January 7, 2017

Rockstar!


Emerson came home one day and said she made it to the finals in her class spelling bee.  I was so surprised because she didn't even tell me that they were having a spelling bee.  She was then given a list of words to practice, in preparation for the final selection.  She practiced her words and went in to school the morning of the finals, and I have to say, I'm not sure who was more nervous!!  I was worried sick all day.  When I picked the kids up that afternoon, she got in the car and didn't immediately say anything.  I remember thinking that maybe she didn't win.  A few seconds passed and then her face lit up and she showed me her certificate.  She did it!  That little rockstar won!  She now has a stack of papers, words from kindergarten to 6th grade, to practice in preparation for the school spelling bee.  The school spelling bee is towards the end of January so I'll have to post an update.  Regardless of how she does, we are super proud of this girl for all her hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment