What a great weekend! I will say, we could have done without all the rain, but we made the best of it!
RedHat had a spot at the Durham Bulls game and that meant mama didn't have to cook. Winning! We met several of Casey's coworkers and their families and enjoyed the evening playing games and watching baseball.
That Saturday, we had a big surprise for the kids. Pentatonix has been a favorite of our kids for a while now. When I saw that they would be in Raleigh, I decided to get tickets. We kept it a secret right up until we got there. They obviously figured out that we were going to a concert, but it wasn't until the lady was filling out their certificate, that they realized who it was. I should add, the rain held off all day and began to sprinkle as we were standing in line. Grr. We made it to the lawn and someone came on stage and said everyone needed to clear the lawn due to thunder and lightening. Worst possible scenario. Long story short, we waited out the storm up front near the stage and when the bad weather passed we went back out to the lawn. By this time, they had canceled the 2nd act and Pentatonix came out. It was super late so we only got to stay for part of their show, but I think the kids enjoyed themselves. We might wait next time to buy tickets until a few days before a show. Our chances of better weather might be better. We hope.
Meet the Pack! The following Sunday we had plans to go out to Carter Finley to meet the Wolfpack Football team. We knew Gavin would be pumped to actually meet the players, but Eme actually got into it too. It was HOT. Like really HOT. Did I say how HOT it was?!? They had activities for the kids to play and posters for the players to sign. Gavin decided he wanted to buy a football for them to sign instead. We didn't get signatures from everyone, but we got a ton. Would you be surprised if I told you that it started raining?!? Well, it did and they had they basically had to shut it down. We all got to the car drenched, but Emerson said that this was the "best weekend ever." So much fun.









No comments:
Post a Comment