Gavin's good friend Lucy was performing in The Nutcracker with the Carolina Ballet. I surprised him with tickets for our family to go and watch. I maybe should have talked a bit more about what it's like to watch a ballet. He was hysterical. We showed up a little early to meet up with Lucy and get a picture of the two of them. We went inside with snacks and drinks, thank goodness for the snacks. The show started and you could see him processing the whole thing. About 5 minutes in, he looks over at me and says, "so there's no singing AND no talking?!" I could have cried I was laughing so hard. Between him and his father, who may or may not have taken a cat nap next to me, I think it's safe to say we may not be a ballet type of family. After it was over, we decided to stay downtown for dinner. We had the best time, even if it was doing something a bit different than we expected.
Oh, and Lucy did great.



No comments:
Post a Comment