Monday, April 6, 2015

Ballin'...or not.

 
 Gavin recently experienced his first season of basketball!  It wasn't unusual to find Gavin, at home, shooting hoops.  He was good.  I figured, what the heck, let's give it a try.  I signed Gavin up for rec basketball through the YMCA.  The teams were made up of 4 and 5 year olds. 
 
The first practice/game he got hit in the face with the basketball.  He has not been a fan since.  Every game after, he pretty much said he didn't want to play and he didn't like basketball. When I asked him why he didn't like it, he said he didn't like everyone's hands in his face. :)  He also asked me to "sign him back out".  During one game, he was sitting on the bench and he yelled clear across the gym, "mommy I don't like basketball".  I about died.  It was so funny.  Needless to say, I think that was our last season of basketball for a while.  Guess we'll stick to soccer! ;)
 
Gavin is #5 in the pictures below!





No comments:

Post a Comment