Sunday, April 26, 2015

Spring Soccer - Gavin

Soccer this season, for Gavin, has been an interesting one.  He loves to play soccer.  He has never been the child that needed coaxing to go out onto the soccer field.  This season has been completely different!  There was one game where he refused to play...the whole time.  We were so frustrated.  He wouldn't give me a clear reason as to why he didn't want to play.  No amount of bribery worked.  No punishment worked either.  We kept trying to encourage him out onto the field.  He refused.  He told me he didn't like playing in the wet grass.  This coming from the boy who would live in the creek.  They even tried to get a team picture after the game and he would not get in the picture.  I was so embarrassed because they waited to take a team picture the previous week because Gavin was out sick.  I'm guessing it's just a stage, but we told him he was not allowed to quit.  He had to finish the season and then if he wanted to take a break, he could.  The next game I was worried that he would do the very same thing he did before.  Thank goodness, he played!  I was so relieved.  He did great.  He seems to have a natural ability when it comes to soccer.  Let's just see what happens next week! ;)
 
Practice before the game.

Gavin is #5




No comments:

Post a Comment