He begged and he begged...and he begged some more. It all began with him wanting a dog. That dog turned into a lizard, which turned into a snake, which turned into a hamster, which turned into a rat. You get the picture, right?! So many animals, none of which I could ever imagine owning. All but the dog. After much discussion and tons of persuading by Gavin, we finally pulled the trigger. We found a breeder and we kept it a secret for quite some time. I'm pretty sure Daddy couldn't stand it any longer and he needed them to know. We had a dog crate delivered and it was laying in the living room. I asked the kids if they could open it and get rid of the huge box that it came in. They had no clue what they were opening at the time. I acted like I didn't know either. (That's not out of the ordinary. We get boxes all the time that I have no clue what they might be.) They began opening the box and realized what it was. They were super surprised and so excited for the puppy to be. We told them that the puppy had not been born yet, but we made plans to go visit our pup's mama and daddy.
After our visit to see Tesla and Axel, we got an email letting us know that our puppy was born on September 9th. It was so neat to witness, through pictures, the arrival of our sweet puppy and her interactions with her little family. Tesla, her mama, had 5 puppies in this litter. She had 4 girls and 1 boy. When we went for our puppy visit, we got to choose between the girl puppies. We decided on orange collar. She had such a sweet demeanor. When Gavin sat down, she came and laid in his lap. He was sold after that. We threw names around like crazy. Gavin didn't like my names and he liked a few that Daddy came up with. The name Hurley kept coming up, but I felt like it was more of a boy name. We ultimately let Gavin be the determining factor in naming her. He decided on Hurley. It has since become a joke that Daddy was wearing a Hurley shirt on the day we picked her up. That was not intentional, it just happens to be the majority of his wardrobe. She is the sweetest pup and we are very happy that she is now part of our family.
She took a bit to get used to eating out of her bowls :)
I mean, this is pretty sweet, right?!








No comments:
Post a Comment