Thursday, September 1, 2011

The FUNK!


So, as many of you know, our family recently experienced the FUNK! Gavin had been experiencing a cough, mostly at night, that lasted for several days in a row. We just assumed he was recovering from a cold, causing him to cough. One night, while I was at work, Casey called to say he didn't like the way Gavin sounded. I could hear him in the background and I didn't like it either. I told him to call and find someone to stay with Emerson. He needed to take Gavin to the ER. Crazy when it's your own child....you kinda go stupid. I couldn't even think. I was able to leave work (thanks to great co-workers) and meet Casey at the hospital. Big thanks to Casey's dad for staying with Emerson. Gavin sounded awful! Once I heard him I knew...he had CROUP. I've never experienced it before but he had the "classic" croup cough. He was seen, had a chest xray, and given a steriod to help with the inflammation. We were able to go home around 4am...all a little shaken up by the whole thing. Daddy did good. Needless to say, a few days later, Emerson also received a diagnosis of CROUP. We should have known to expect it. They share EVERYTHING. I was able to take her in to the pediatrician before she got too bad. She was also given a steroid. Knock on wood...they both seem to be feeling better. Although, Gavin has moved on to big time teething. We are blessed that both children are doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment