Sunday, July 13, 2014

Summer Camping...last minute.

Nothing like deciding to go camping at the last minute!  Leave it to my husband to come up with this spontaneous idea.  The idea came from a short trip to Dick's Sporting Goods.  Casey found two tents on sale and decided that we needed them.  This is why he should not be left alone to shop.  I wouldn't quite say we needed them. ;)  He then proceeded to ask the kids if they wanted to go camping the next afternoon.  Do you really think they were going to say no?!  Mommy was outnumbered!  There are only a few people who might be just as crazy as Casey...that would be Eva and Brian.  We packed up our stuff and met the Simpson's out at the campgrounds.  We spent the afternoon tubing and swimming, cooked out, roasted marshmallows, and hung out by the fire.  I'm sure you are all aware of how hot it was yesterday.  It was hot.  It was a bit rough when we laid down to sleep, but it did cool off through the night.  I'm not sure any of us really got any sleep...good sleep that is.  I'm pretty sure I will be using a blow up mattress the next time.  I don't care if that counts as camping or not!!!  :)  We woke up, tubed some more and swam at the swim beach for most of the morning.  The kids had a great time, Casey and Brian included.  Making memories and spending quality time. 
Now, to recover.
 
Gavin insisted on finding sticks for the fire.

Eme and Gav tubing.

Watermelon for days.

Gavin and Bri.

Eme and Mommy playing cards.

Brian tubing.

Kids swimming...Eme striking a pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment