Today was the day! My sweet and sassy 5 year old started Kindergarten! I'm pretty sure I know who was more nervous. Me. Just ask Casey. I spent the whole day before in a daze. Emerson decided to join Casey and I in the middle of the night. Sleeping between her and Casey was not my idea of a good night's sleep. ;) She seemed to sleep well, however. A special breakfast was waiting for Emerson downstairs to start her day. Nana and PawPaw even came over to see her off. She seemed to be pretty excited! She loved how special we all made her feel. She was running circles around the kitchen...really, she was. After some (probably too many) pictures, we were off to take Eme to school. Today was the only day where we could park and walk her in. She went right in, tucked her things in her cubby, and sat down at a table to color. We said our goodbyes and we left. SO MUCH HARDER THAN I THOUGHT. Wow. My baby is growing up WAY TOO FAST. Time can slow down any day now. I do have to say, she is so ready. I'm excited to see how she grows through this experience. She's fierce, that girl. Watch out world. Here she comes!
First day of school breakfast.
Backpack ready to go.
My super sweet Kindergartener.
Ooh, I love that girl.
Sycamore Creek Elementary
Mrs. Butler
One last picture!
No comments:
Post a Comment