Monday, May 25, 2015

Friendship

 
"Were you a good listener?"
"Were you kind to your friends?"
"Did you have fun?"
 
Those are the 3 questions I ask Gavin every day when I pick him up from school.  Most of the time I get a yes to each of the questions.  On rare occasion, an explanation is needed.  Over the past 3 years that Gavin has been at Benson, he has grown in so many ways.  The one thing that has remained constant is his sweet heart and caring personality.  He is my lover boy.  I have been told many times that he is "so sweet" and he is often the child in the class that seeks out those that are playing by themselves.  I take pride each and every day that he answers the question "Were you kind to your friends?" with a big fat yes. 
 
The very first year Gavin was at Benson he met his buddy Ava.  The two of them played well together and you would often see them gravitate towards each other.  Jenn, Ava's mom, and I became friends and we have truly enjoyed seeing their relationship grow.  They are two peas in a pod.  When you see Gavin, you see Ava.  When you see Ava, you see Gavin. They plan playdates (on their own) and have even decided a sleepover is in order.  They also try every trick in the book to climb inside one of our cars when it's time to go.  To hear them giggle when they are together is a sound that I will always remember.
 
I want my son to be a kind person in life.  I want his sweet sole to stay just as it is.  I see many friendships in his future. Now if only the whole world could be just as kind.





No comments:

Post a Comment