So, this morning after feeding Emerson, I laid awake in bed thinking. Yes, I'm sure all of you are wondering why a sleep deprived new mother is not sleeping when her child sleeps...well, I'm not quite sure. I suddenly became overwhelmed with emotion. As I look over at my sweet baby girl sleeping so soundly, I become filled with so many thoughts and emotions. I am truly blessed to have so many wonderful things in my life...starting with her. Many people often say that kids will change your lives forever. How true that is. I have never felt such deep emotion for something so small.
Casey and I have been blessed with wonderful friends and family throughout our lives. We share a special connection with each other that many never find in their lifetime. We are filled with amazing gifts and we are so grateful. Now, it's amazing how much more fulfilling our lives have become. Just seven short weeks ago, we welcomed our beautiful baby girl into the world. She has taught us so much about ourselves and the relationships we share with others. I can't even begin to describe how she makes me feel. I could hug her, kiss her, tell her how much I love her....a MILLION times and it wouldn't be enough.
As I lay in bed awake, I thank God for his many blessings in my life. I thank him for my family, my husband, and now....my beautiful baby girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment