I used to joke that my kids were going to be in their 20's before they learned how to ride a bike. A part of me actually kind of believed it. They just weren't interested. The bikes pretty much just sat in the garage. They would ride them (with training wheels) occasionally, but that was it. All of a sudden, Emerson decided she was ready to ride her bike...without training wheels. Maybe it was another kid at school who encouraged her, I'm not really sure, but I was glad she was showing interest. Casey started by moving the training wheels up a bit. The next step was to take them off. She was very hesitant at first. She told me that I was no good at helping. She only wanted Daddy...he's stronger. ;) Whatever works. He worked with her for a bit and then got called away. She was antsy and wanted him to hurry up. I told her that she didn't need him to help. She could do it by herself. She thought she needed him to get her started. I told her I would give her a $1 if she tried to start on her own (because I wasn't good enough to help). She said a $1 AND A COOKIE. Ha. I agreed and she's been riding her bike, by herself, since. Tell me I'm no good at helping!! ;)
He started by teaching her how to fall.
She was riding by herself! Super proud of my girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment