Emerson's first day of 2nd Grade! We changed to Track 1 and her teacher is Mrs. Olsen. Emerson was not happy about switching tracks but I explained how this tracked would work better with Daddy's schedule. She understands but still doesn't like it. I know it will take time to adjust and it makes me sad that she is upset but I hope she will see the good in the change. We still see a lot of her friends from her old track at birthday parties and around town so that is helpful. As the weeks go by, she comes home talking about new people that she has played with at the playground. I enjoy hearing about the new friends she is making!
Gavin's first day of Kindergarten!!! His teacher's name is Mrs. Charlton. He was excited for his first day but a bit sad that his girlfriend, Ava, wasn't going to the same school. I wasn't worried about him meeting new friends. Gavin is what you call a social butterfly. ;) Mama did okay. I think I was so busy that I didn't have a chance to be sad. I also think the Transitional Kindergarten prepared us both for this endeavor. His teacher told me he has done great so far. He is a great listen and very sweet. I have heard him say a few times that he doesn't like school. He loved going to Benson. I hope it's just the transition and that he will once again enjoy school like he did before. I think the long days are what's hard for him. He also did not like rest/nap time the first few weeks.
Big sister walking her little brother in the first day. This made my heart happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment